Be aware of these kinds of common stumbling blocks when designing your blog:
– Your property page would not quickly tell you what the Web-site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Site and figure out what the internet site is about, what kind of products it sells, altairlimo.comor perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but that you’ve to watch intended for five to ten mere seconds before you are delivered to the real Web site), and other Web design features that pull interest away from your Site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes shattered hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without links, links that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without links returning to the home site (always add a link back towards the home page to ensure that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find all their way back house! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you could have a marketing marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Website is certainly not your online strategy. Your Site is just a element of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a very good restaurant but want to advertise and promote your business on the Web. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not marketed and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Internet site URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to enhance your Site. If you give you a downloadable/ savings coupon out of your Web site, you are effectively using your Web page as part of your online marketing strategy to meet pregnancy of increased restaurant sales.
– Inability to attain Internet site relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a site that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, items no longer available, dated content material, and historical advertising every signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is usually suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material will detract the visitor from getting the stage of your Web-site (the five-second rule described earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget pulsating text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing much more than annoy your websites visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site which contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or images that guests are stressed by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Website so that you do overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool 10 years ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors have a tendency want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in to Web site design and style. The use of glasses within a Website will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Web-site design elements to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found by simply search engines.