Be aware of these types of common problems when designing your blog:
– Your property page does not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You ought to be able to go to the home page of any Internet site and figure out what the internet site is about, which kind of products that sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and appear but that you’ve to watch designed for five to ten mere seconds before you are taken to the real Internet site), and other Web design features that sketch interest from your Web site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site map-reading. This includes worn out hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages with no links, links that have you to a similar Web page, and pages without having links back in the home web page (always include a link back for the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find the way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web page is not really your marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a successful restaurant although want to advertise and market your business bridgeandbarrel.com on the net. Creating a Web-site is great, when it is not promoted and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web-site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign in promoting your Website. If you provide a downloadable/ savings coupon from the Web site, you are effectively using your Web page as part of your online strategy to meet your main goal of improved restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Web page relevance and content modernizing. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Wrong pricing, goods no longer obtainable, dated content, and historical advertising every signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is definitely suffering drastically. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant material will detract the visitor via getting the level of your Web-site (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
— Avoid lots of text effects. Forget flashing text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text message, or graphics that visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web-site so that you is not going to overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images with your Web site. These were cool a decade ago, employing today’s specialist environment, they may be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors may want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the actual fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames into Web site style. The use of frame within a Web site will travel customers apart faster than anything!
— DO include the proper Web site design components to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found by search engines.