Be aware of these common issues when designing your web blog:
– Your house page would not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Website and determine what the site is about, what type of products this sells, or perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and sound but that you’ve to watch designed for five to ten a few moments before you are taken up the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that attract interest away from your Site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site map-reading. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, backlinks that take you to a similar Web page, and pages without links returning to the home page (always add a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where site visitors are, they can find the way back home! ).
– Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or total marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Website is not your web marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a component to your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a productive restaurant nevertheless want to promote and promote your business bnraju.com on the internet. Creating a Web-site is great, but if it is not advertised and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to market your Website. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Web page as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your main goal of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failure to attain Website relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an online site that is grossly out of date. Wrong pricing, items no longer available, dated content material, and ancient advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site can be suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor right from getting the level of your Site (the five-second rule brought up earlier).
— Avoid a lot of text effects. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your webblog visitor. Can not create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, textual content, or graphics that site visitors are overcome by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you no longer overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool ten years ago, in today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors avoid want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in to Web site style. The use of structures within a Site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
– DO combine the proper Internet site design elements to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.