Be aware of these kinds of common pitfalls when designing your site:
– The home page does not quickly tell you what the Web-site is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Site and discover what the site is about, what sort of products that sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and appear but which you have to watch intended for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Net site), and also other Web design features that attract interest from your Web page, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes cracked hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without links, links that have you to similar Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home webpage (always incorporate a link back to the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find the way back house! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a component to your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have an excellent restaurant although want in promoting and market your business on the Web. Creating a Web site is great, but once it is not promoted and advertised, no one will ever find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to promote your Web site. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are effectively using your Web site as part of your online strategy to meet while you make money of increased restaurant sales.
– Failing to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Inaccurate pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated content material, and ancient advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is normally suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor from getting the point of your Internet site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid lots of text results. Forget pulsating text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing a lot more than annoy your site visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that site visitors are confused by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Internet site so that you may overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. They were cool ten years ago, in today’s professional environment, they may be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors no longer want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an internet site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t include frames into Web site momartre.jourdegloire.org design. The use of support frames within a Website will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Web site design factors to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.