Be aware of these types of common pitfalls when designing your web blog:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You have to be able to visit the home page of any Site and determine what the internet site is about, what type of products this sells, momartre.jourdegloire.orgor perhaps what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and sound but which you have to watch with respect to five to ten moments before you are taken to the real Net site), and also other Web design features that attract interest away from your Web site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site the navigation. This includes worn out hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, links that take you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links to the home page (always include a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where readers are, they can find all their way back house! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web page is not really your web marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a component to your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a successful restaurant but want to advertise and promote your business online. Creating a Site is great, but once it is not offered and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to advertise your Site. If you provide a downloadable/ good coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Web site as part of your online strategy to meet project of elevated restaurant sales.
– Inability to attain Web site relevance and content updating. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer obtainable, dated content material, and old advertising every signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering significantly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will detract the visitor via getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text effects. Forget blinking text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and wild effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your blog visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or images that tourists are weighed down by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web site so that you have a tendency overwhelm your web blog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, however in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors avoid want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the very fact that it may be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t include frames in to Web site design. The use of frames within a Web site will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Web page design components to ensure that the Web site is able to be found simply by search engines.