Be aware of these common stumbling blocks when designing your internet site:
– The household page would not quickly tell you what the Website is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the site is about, what sort of products this sells, or perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch intended for five to ten seconds before you are delivered to the real Net site), and other Web design features that get interest away from your Site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without links, backlinks that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages without having links back to the home web page (always will include a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find their way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or total marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Site is not your online strategy. Your Site is just a component to your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a prospering restaurant but want in promoting and market your business on the internet. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not promoted and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Internet site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to advertise your Site. If you give you a downloadable/ savings coupon out of your Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your online strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Web site relevance and content changing. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Wrong pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated articles, and historic advertising all signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is normally suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with non-relevant materials will detract the visitor coming from getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule noted earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which do nothing a lot more than annoy your blog visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site that contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or design that site visitors are overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you can not overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images in your Web site. Just read was cool ten years ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors have a tendency want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the very fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site www.dino-power.com design. The use of supports within a Web-site will travel customers apart faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Website design factors to ensure that the Web site is able to be found by search engines.