Be aware of these kinds of common problems when designing your internet site:
– The home page would not quickly let you know what the Site is all about. You need to be able to go to the home page of any Internet site and find out what the web page is about, which kind of products that sells, or what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and audio but which you have to watch with regards to five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Web site), and also other Web design features that get interest faraway from your Web-site, products, and/ or providers.
– Poor Web site course-plotting. This includes damaged hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without having links, links that take you to similar Web page, and pages without links back in the home site (always incorporate a link back towards the home page in order that regardless of where prospects are, they can find the way back home! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing marketing campaign or total marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web page is not your web marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a a part of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant yet want in promoting and market your business on the Web. Creating a Web page is great, when it is not promoted and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to promote your Web site. If you give a downloadable/ savings coupon through your Web site, you are successfully using your Web site as part of your online strategy to meet while you make money of elevated restaurant sales.
– Failing to attain Internet site relevance and content updating. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a website that is largely out of date. Incorrect pricing, products no longer available, dated content, and historic advertising most signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is suffering considerably. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor right from getting the point of your Site (the five-second rule brought up earlier).
– Avoid too many text effects. Forget pulsating text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which do nothing more than annoy your websites visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or images that site visitors are stressed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web site so that you have a tendency overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images in your Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, employing today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” irritating distraction that site visitors do want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by simple fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t include frames into Web site aquapools.co.za style. The use of frame within a Internet site will travel customers away faster than anything!
— DO combine the proper Web site design elements to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by search engines.