Be aware of these common risks when designing your site:
– Your home page does not quickly let you know what the Internet site is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web site and determine what the site is about, what kind of products that sells, aquapools.co.zaor what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and appear but which you have to watch to get five to ten mere seconds before you are delivered to the real World wide web site), and other Web design features that pull interest far from your Internet site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes cracked hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, links that consider you to similar Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home web page (always incorporate a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where guests are, they can find their very own way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web-site is certainly not your online strategy. Your Site is just a a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a good restaurant although want to advertise and market your business on the net. Creating a Web site is great, but since it is not offered and promoted, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Web page URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to promote your Site. If you offer a downloadable/ savings coupon from your Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your online strategy to meet objective of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Internet site relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Completely wrong pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated articles, and ancient advertising pretty much all signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is normally suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor from getting the level of your Internet site (the five-second rule described earlier).
– Avoid lots of text effects. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and wild effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your web blog visitor. Don’t create a “loud” Web site which contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or graphics that tourists are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web site so that you tend overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, but also in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors may want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in Web site style. The use of frame within a Web site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Site design elements to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.