Be aware of these types of common issues when designing your blog:
– The property page does not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You ought to be able to visit the home page of any Web-site and figure out what the internet site is about, what kind of products this sells, or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and audio but that you’ve to watch with respect to five to ten a few moments before you are taken to the real Web site), and also other Web design features that pull interest away from your Internet site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site nav. This includes ruined hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that take you to the same Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home page (always will include a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find their way back home! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you have a marketing marketing campaign or total marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Website is certainly not your online marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a a part of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a booming restaurant nonetheless want to market and market your business online. Creating a Web page is great, but if it is not promoted and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to promote your Web-site. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web-site as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant product sales.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content upgrading. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a website that is largely out of date. Erroneous pricing, products no longer obtainable, dated content material, and historic advertising each and every one signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is certainly suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor coming from getting the stage of your Web site (the five-second rule noted earlier).
– Avoid lots of text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your site visitor. May create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text, or design that visitors are confused by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web-site so that you avoid overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images with your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors typically want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames into Web site www.jararaja.org style. The use of structures within a Web site will drive customers away faster than anything!
– DO combine the proper Internet site design components to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.